Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,266   Online: 950

Shooter
    Large Format

Hasselblad Viewfinder HC-4

Hi
    Can anyone give an approximate date of manufacture for the Hasselblad HC-4 Prism Viewfinder. I'm guessing between 1980 to 1985. Is this correct?
    Thanks for any advice
    M

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To determine the date take the first two letters of the serial number and use:
    VHPICTURES

ES ==> 1990
    SH ==> 2002

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    To determine the date take the first two letters of the serial number and use:
    VHPICTURES

ES ==> 1990
    SH ==> 2002

Steve
    Hi Steve, Thanks for your advice, I am aware of the the Victor Hasselblad dating code, but should have added that the viewfinder in question is not in my possession and I can't check the serial number.
    I was looking for some general information to determine the year this particular model of 90 degree viewfinder was first available. Any clues most welcome.
    Thanks again

Max

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin