Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,896   Posts: 1,584,311   Online: 907

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll mention the felt light seal around the back of the lens barrel again. Here's a photo of the area- the lower opening in the silver plate is where the felt trap is-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5791034378_ce121d8b05.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	284.9 KB 
ID:	53777

If you open the back and move the lens to close focus, the rear barrel will move forward and you might be able to just see the felt.

A problem I had with a Rolleiflex 2.8C was solved with an added light trap around the viewing lens. Best as I could ever figure, the light was coming through the focus screen. This could be a source for your light?

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...highlight=leak

Another flashlight test with a light in the focus hood and the back open? Or a test roll with the hood left closed for a period/group of shots (remember, a leak like this isn't just when the shutter is fired). Also, the flash sync lever slot is open to the top of the shutter/light trap area, another possible source. Tape this over?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did it happen with just the one roll of film?..If so, then another possibility is the film not being sealed tightly enough prior to development.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the advices. No, it happened with many rolls, always the same pattern and the same placement, like it's beeing reflected off something. I will try again with the back slit taped with black tape.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Marcin;
    Your shutter needs to be serviced. The blades of the shutter should be clean and no oil present. A good service is cheaper than wasting film, Steven.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snederhiser View Post
    Hello Marcin;
    Your shutter needs to be serviced. The blades of the shutter should be clean and no oil present. A good service is cheaper than wasting film, Steven.
    The OP says that he tripped the shutter with a lens cap on and still got the leak pattern. How could a lagging shutter blade cause that?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Guys,

I did another flash light test in the darkroom and spotted a leak coming from the focus screen (Dan you were right). I added some sealing around the viewing lens and the problem seems solved - I've just developed a roll and despite sunny conditions no white streak is present.
    Thanks a million everybody!

Best regards,
    Marcin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hope it stays clear of fog!

Some day you should replace the felt seal. If it is leaking, light will some day find another path to the leak, and it will be a shot you will always regret losing if my luck holds true for you! Like the M/X sync lever slot? A little tab of electrical tape as a safety?

You might send Mark Hama an email and ask if he has seen your leak before. Tell him what you have done, see what he says?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin