Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,119   Online: 905

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ektar at 400...interesting…never had it down as a film that could be pushed. Will keep that one in mind.

Shooter
    35mm
    When the images have this "washed up" appearance there normally is a problem with the black point. Just move the black point to the right, then raise luminosity to taste. I also pushed up saturation a bit.

I briefly reworked your first image, hope it appears under this line.

PS Before somebody complains that this site is not about how to work images, I will mark that this site encourages people to post their images in the gallery and I don't see how can they do it without some hybrid work. It's all too necessary that people are helped in uploading their - fatally digitized - images in a photographic forum so as to make them, and themselves, justice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img808_1.jpg  
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    When the images have this "washed up" appearance there normally is a problem with the black point. Just move the black point to the right, then raise luminosity to taste. I also pushed up saturation a bit.

I briefly reworked your first image, hope it appears under this line.

PS Before somebody complains that this site is not about how to work images, I will mark that this site encourages people to post their images in the gallery and I don't see how can they do it without some hybrid work. It's all too necessary that people are helped in uploading their - fatally digitized - images in a photographic forum so as to make them, and themselves, justice.
    I understand that the black point was set down, before my final scan i decided that to me it looked better washed up =) didnt like the look with my blacks set all the way up, then again i prefer BW film, so maybe its my BW side not too happy with all those colors haha... anyways i appreciate the edit, but i think i enjoy the black point set down, gives the photo that misty blue feel..... not strong creating a bold statement but rather a smooth photo welcoming the viewer to its mystery =)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The photos are brilliant, keep it up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amsp View Post
    The photos are brilliant, keep it up!
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin