Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,273   Online: 883

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fhovie
    Now that I have put a dozen rolls through the Iconta - I like the camera but am unhappy with the lens - the Novar is nice and sharp in the center but even stopped all the way down is only marginal at the edges. I think one day I will sell it and replace it with a 6x9 folder with good edge to edge sharpness. Which one is that ... is it only the Heliar version of the Bessa?
    My Super Ikonta has a Tessar 105mm 3.8. I shot some Velvia slide film to test the lens and shutter. Despite huge light leaks that I have solved using the bellows patch from Bostick and Sullivan, I have not noticed a sharpness fall off when inspected with a schneider 4x loupe on a light table. Though the lens is not tack sharp, it has got plenty of saturation and I believe it will make very sharp enlargements up to 20 inches wide. I am happy with that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello,

here is a rather dull photo taken with a Mockba 4 with an industar (tessar) lens. It shows reasonable sharpness out to the edge of the 6x9 negative. Check the upper left corner. This was handheld at about 1/50th f8.

If you like, I have somewhere a comparison of this lens against a heliar type. Those were done with a tripod, so it is a good comparison.

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ace Hardware.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin