Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,552   Online: 1167

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, London's an excellent "walking" city. I'd advise BardParker to start with walking the South Bank of the Thames walkway, from Westminster to Tower Bridge, where there are some excellent restaurants along the Shad Thames area for a meal break....along the way take time to explore the historic Borough Market area, also visit nearby Southwark Cathedral. If time permits, go for a river trip on one of the Thames Clippers....they run a regular service from Westminster to Greenwich.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And no London trip would be complete (for me anyway) without a visit to Aperture, a camera store in Museum Street. Go at lunch time as it's a café as well!

http://www.apertureuk.com/

And I assuming I haven't talked the OP out of visiting London, There are some good views to be had from the observation area at the top of the OXO building.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OXO_Tower

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 07-09-2012 at 05:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Completely agree! (although take care not to blow the holiday money on the eye watering selection of camera gear they have).....And while there, take time out to wander the surrounding streets and squares of Bloomsbury!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin