Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,544   Posts: 1,544,423   Online: 1073

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya 80mm 1.9c UGY BUY =)

so was kinda scared of buying a lens on ugly status from KEH but i must say it performs pretty great =)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img956.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	723.1 KB 
ID:	53918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img957.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	720.9 KB 
ID:	53919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img961.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	856.3 KB 
ID:	53920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img962.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	782.0 KB 
ID:	53921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img963.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	608.9 KB 
ID:	53922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img965.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	873.3 KB 
ID:	53923

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    That portrait is outstanding!!!! Well done and congrats taking the risk on an "ugly" and getting a diamond!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks =) wish i could have taken more at 1.9 but needed slower film and its really bright out here all the time, had to take it while the group was under a camo net =) love how sharp the glasses came out =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks great!

It you're scanning most of your film, XP2 should have no problem shooting at f/1.9 even in broad daylight. It handles overexposure really well and scans alot better than real black and white.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by F/1.4 View Post
    Looks great!

It you're scanning most of your film, XP2 should have no problem shooting at f/1.9 even in broad daylight. It handles overexposure really well and scans alot better than real black and white.
    and why did you not tell me this yesterday before i bought some film from B and H =P lol .. Ill look it to it right now! thanks =)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I shoot my 80 1.9 wide open a ton (usually use PanF+ and a yellow filter in bright sun), works like a charm.

Only "issue" is that the 1.9, when wide open, has a focus sweet spot of something like +/- 1 inch! Be prepared to blow a ton a film when wide open; but, when you hit focus, it can be breathless....
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Great shots. Well done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, fabulous use of selective focus. Hugely different style than we usually get from the great sand pile.

Very, very well done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wharris View Post
    and why did you not tell me this yesterday before i bought some film from B and H =P lol .. Ill look it to it right now! thanks =)
    If you want to see what XP2 looks like off a scanner, I can send you some examples.. IMO it is so much better than real B&W for minilab scanning, I won't touch Tri-X, HP5, or Tmax for 400 speed B&W anymore. The grain and gradations are just night-and-day different.

now in a darkroom....that's totally different.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by F/1.4 View Post
    If you want to see what XP2 looks like off a scanner, I can send you some examples.. IMO it is so much better than real B&W for minilab scanning, I won't touch Tri-X, HP5, or Tmax for 400 speed B&W anymore. The grain and gradations are just night-and-day different.

now in a darkroom....that's totally different.
    If you could that would be awesome im always up to learning about new film =)
    can you email them to william.harris24@us.army.mil
    thanks =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin