Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,101   Online: 953

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got a replacement today. Polaroids from it seem to be perfect. The shop even replaced my FP-100C; a very nice gesture without me asking. How much should I expect to pay for additional 120 backs? All KEH has are 220 backs right now. Are 120 backs less common, or are 220 backs just more common?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad you got something workable.

120 backs are much more popular, so they go quickly when KEH has them in stock.

Expect to pay something like $90+ for an "E" grade Pro-S back from KEH. If you can get Pro-SD backs they are better, because they use the same light baffle system as the newer RZ backs - no light seals to worry about. They cost a fair bit more though.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I saw this thread and am also having a problem with my RB67. I got it used off Craigslist a while back and it worked fine for probably 6 months.

Now the second mirror (I am unsure what it's called, its the second arm that flaps up when you take a picture) isn't rising. The mirror flips up just fine but the arm behind the mirror inside the camera doesn't rise.

What can I do to troubleshoot this problem?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't help you with that problem tedpotter, but I have an update: upon closer inspection the replacement body I was given is working, but the lens is swallowed by fungus. The hairy type that makes the lens become a "soft focus" lens.

I will be returning the camera tomorrow for a refund and will not be buying any more cameras from this store. A defect like a jammed shutter I will give the benefit of the doubt (especially since it doesn't appear that it manifest itself until I got home), but a fungus-choked lens is inexcusable; that's got to be the first thing someone checks when they work at a camera store and someone brings in a box of used equipment.

Besides that, the film back has light leaks. Lines of fogged film up and down over a few exposures on the roll of Portra 120 I shot today and just processed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For anyone following the saga of the serial broken RB's, I swapped it out today for a Calumet 4x5 and a box of Delta 100. I'm happy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Go get yur money back. Tomorrow or first thing Monday.

Save up a little more money and by a newer Mamiya RB Pro SD online (Ebay, etc).
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin