Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,036   Online: 754

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya 645 Pro TL Reasonable Price

I am wondering what you all consider to be a reasonable price to pay for one of these cameras with a metering prism, 120 back and 80 2.8 lens?

There's someone on a local Craigslist asking $800. She said she couldn't go any lower than $600.

Was I wrong in offering $300? They sell at KEH (if you assemble a similar kit) for about $400.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There are people on Craigslist in Knoxville Tn. selling slr's like canon ae 1,minolta x700 and so on for $300 and up.It makes me laugh out loud.If that lady wants to sell it she'll have to drop the price or wait and wait......Don't go higher than you think it's worth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think it's worth more than $300 (I just got an RB67 yesterday for $160 at a camera store!). She thinks it's worth $800. She probably paid $600 for it a few years ago and isn't willing to accept the fact that the market won't bear those prices anymore.

I see those on Craigslist here too--must be everywhere. People find old SLRs in their parent's attics and ask $300 for them. Someone put a $300 price on a Pentax K1000 and Minolta X370.

I almost hate to make offers on these---they think they're worth a fortune and in fact they're worth maybe a nice steak dinner for two at Outback Steakhouse.

That's why it's so refreshing when I see someone asking a very reasonable price for a used camera on Craigslist--got a Pentax MX with 50 f/2 for $40 yesterday.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree with above posters......it's worth only what it's worth. And for condition in unknown condition other than the owner's word (that probably didn't use it), $300 may have been stretching it.....

Just for kicks I got on my local craigslist last night and looked for used photo gear. I didn't know N90 still goes for $350 WITHOUT a lens. I got quite an education.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Being in the Boston area here, there tends to be a lot of CL users. I'm amazed at how long someone will continue to re-post their stuff instead of adjusting their prices. I also think very few even bother to do any research on realistic prices. There's been a photo vest and an older tripod head listed here for months without a change in the asking price. I did buy my enlarger with extras for $100 in EX+ condition from CL. But for the most part it's like what everyone has already said. Most list items without knowing the "real value" of the item.
    It has to be true. I read it on the internet, and you can't lie on the internet!!!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    $300 might be a little low.

Ebay sales for the kit you describe are between $350 and $500.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Depending on the model lens and prism her camera has, $300 may be about right. If it has an N series lens and the AE prism (not the penta-mirror finder), $350 would be an OK price if everything's clean. Prices on Japanese 120 cameras are pretty low right now. What does sell on eBay seems to be going for noticeably less than last summer. If your seller holds out for $600 she better start using the camera because she's unlikely to find a buyer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would say $300 was the perfect counter offer. If you can confirm that it is in good working order and condition, or have a decent return policy then you might consider going as high as $350 or at the very most, $400 if you really want it bad!
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been burned by used cameras on CL before; I pay list for a camera and it works fine for a month then breaks and I have to get it repaired. I always figure in a repair (at the very least a CLA) into every camera I buy. I offered $300, she said her lowest price would be $600.

Oh well. Not worth $600 to me, or anyone else probably.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin