Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,114   Online: 1128

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you all for the welcome, and are happy to find fans like me photography analog of hasselblad and photografich other machines (always analog, you'll see that I love digital, but I understand the utilized prof.) a Greeting to all of you.excuse my writing

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The higher the pixel counts and prices go on the H Series cameras, the sooner I'll be able to buy a used Phase One or Imacon digital back for my 503CXi. The investment in all my 'blad lenses will not have gone for nothing in the end. Three cheers for Hasselblad's superb engineering which makes their product lines so upward compatible. You can use a digital back on a 50 year old 500C body and get image quality which beats that out of a full frame DSLR all to hell. Then you can put your old A12 back on it and go shoot some film.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    The higher the pixel counts and prices go on the H Series cameras, the sooner I'll be able to buy a used Phase One or Imacon digital back for my 503CXi. The investment in all my 'blad lenses will not have gone for nothing in the end. Three cheers for Hasselblad's superb engineering which makes their product lines so upward compatible. You can use a digital back on a 50 year old 500C body and get image quality which beats that out of a full frame DSLR all to hell. Then you can put your old A12 back on it and go shoot some film.
    That is pretty exciting in my book too, and a nice way of thinking about the old Swedish cameras.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rather than get a digital back [I do my own developing and wet printing], I use my Epson 4490 Photo scanner and get about 320 megapixels for a 6cm x 6cm negative if I need a digital image. The scanner cost about $100US. A 60 megapixel scanner runs what about $40,000US to $60,000US. Do you know how much film I could shoot and have all it custom developed and printed for that kind on money? Plus I would have to buy a new faster computer, software and a RAID storage system to hold the images.

I would rather buy beer instead!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Rather than get a digital back [I do my own developing and wet printing], I use my Epson 4490 Photo scanner and get about 320 megapixels for a 6cm x 6cm negative if I need a digital image. The scanner cost about $100US. A 60 megapixel scanner runs what about $40,000US to $60,000US. Do you know how much film I could shoot and have all it custom developed and printed for that kind on money? Plus I would have to buy a new faster computer, software and a RAID storage system to hold the images.

I would rather buy beer instead!
    Absolutely. The benefit with a digital back is speed, for sure. I'm sort of a romantic, and love to use my old Hasselblad 500 series. It's just something very appetizing for me to be able to use the same camera, simply with a different back on it. That, to me, is a very interesting prospect. I happily admit I will never be able to afford it, but one can always dream. I use a scanner too, but find the work extremely time consuming and tedious, especially spotting the scans. My V700 takes a very long time to scan just one frame. With certain films that have a shiny emulsion side, the film holder edge is reflected in the image area, and that is painful to remove after the scan is done... etc. The cost of a good digital back is exorbitant, but there is a fair bit of convenience that can be had, which saves time, time that I see as better spent making prints.

Different strokes for different folks.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just wanted to share that this month, there are photos made with the V-System exclusively in the Hasselblad-Bulletin. Except for one all were also shot on film. I was stunned myself when I saw this.

http://www.hasselbladbulletin.com/uk...the-world.aspx

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Also check out this video. Pretty nice!

http://www.hasselbladbulletin.com/uk...-the-move.aspx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think the V system will get a revamp when they can affordably make sensors larger than 6x4.5cm and people want a body that can fit the larger sensor.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well the new owners are German or Swiss arn't they? Hopefully they'll be cut from the same cloth as the current owners of Leica. They worked out how to keep old and new co-existing. They might also have the skills to make up with Zeiss and get the lenses going again.

Daniel.

Shooter
    35mm
    the problem hasselblad and all the other MF digital camera makers have is the likes of nikon and canon keep upping the pixel count and quality of the output from their cameras where it is now at the point where very few pros feel they need a hasselblad or phase one etc. And considering the price differential hasselblad and the other MF manufacturers can expect to be in big financial trouble due to lack of sales within 10 years if not sooner
    So either they have to reduce prices consderably or it would make sense for them to concentrate on film and smaller digital cameras if they want to stay in business. Just my opinion. YMMV

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin