Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,245   Online: 1147

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    How dare you let facts get in the way of emotion......
    I find there's such a preponderance of heads in the sand, wishful thinking, and clutching at straws on this site that a sense of the the tough real commercial World needs injecting sometimes, if Hasselblad concentrated their efforts on primarily producing film cameras in this day and age it would be a one way ticket for them to bankruptcy, their only hope of survival is to produce medium format DSLR cameras that can compete in improved their image quality with 35mm DSLR s.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format

A faint hope for film recognition from HASSELBLAD

Corporations go where the money is. That is what shareholders want, and what the financiers want.

If there are reasonable profits to be made in film, they will make film cameras. If not, then we better hope for a nostalgic company manager. Each dollar a company spends has to come from profits, sooner or later. If a dollar spent in digital, will make you five, and a dollar spent in film, makes you fifty cents, it is hard to justify to the bean counters, not spending the money on digital.

Now, I hope they continue film products. But for camera makers and film vendors, it has to make financial sense.

If only we could attract some of the zealots who championed Apple products, during their lean years...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin