Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,280   Online: 851

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format

A faint hope for film recognition from HASSELBLAD

For some time I have had the feeling that the HASSELBLAD company didn't want to have anything to do with film, now when they have gone almost completely digital. When I recently looked through their web-page , I suddenly found this photographer reportage. It does give some hope even if it is faint.

Karl-Gustaf

http://www.hasselblad.se/news/is-the...-rostagni.aspx
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting... thanks for letting us know about it. I still shoot film but stopped looking at the Hasselblad web site and emails because they are totally oriented toward the H series. It is good to see that they still acknowledge the V system and film users!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They are moving back some of the production and service to Gothenburg, too. Good to see film being acknowledged.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't hold out any hope. It doesn't suggest any renewed committment to film by Hasselblad, or any particular interest in film by the company. It's just a special interest piece designed to hit a nostalgic chord with a portion of their customer base. And note that they've managed to imply that there is just one Hasselblad photographer still using only film...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    I wouldn't hold out any hope. It doesn't suggest any renewed committment to film by Hasselblad, or any particular interest in film by the company. It's just a special interest piece designed to hit a nostalgic chord with a portion of their customer base. And note that they've managed to imply that there is just one Hasselblad photographer still using only film...
    My thoughts exactly as I read the article. But then I re-read the title of this thread and decided that the title said it better than I could: "faint hope for film recognition" rather than 'hope for film revival'. Hassellbad has moved on from film and that is quite evident.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I personally dislike the heading - kind of makes film 'cute and kitsch'. I can't see how it would affect their digital sales by at least giving the V system the recognition it deserves. Would one to see more film-based stuff in Victor mag also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hasselblad has not been Hasselblad since they were bought by a scanner company. Fortunately the old iron still works.

I no long visit the Hasselblad website either.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Hasselblad has not been Hasselblad since they were bought by a scanner company. Fortunately the old iron still works.
    Actually, it was the other way around. Hasselblad bought Imacon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hasselblad don't sell film they sell professional cameras, and they stand a much better chance of surviving as a company if they manufacture a product that professional photographers (who are deserting Hasselblad film cameras in droves) want to buy.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Hasselblad don't sell film they sell professional cameras, and they stand a much better chance of surviving as a company if they manufacture a product that professional photographers (who are deserting Hasselblad film cameras in droves) want to buy.
    How dare you let facts get in the way of emotion......

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin