Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,131   Online: 1044

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Confusion can certainly be caused by the seemingly innocuous tiny knurled button on the centre top of the winding advance may need to be realigned with 1 (not zero) after completing film load and wind-on to what should be 1. It is incorrect to have the counter point to 0 after completion of load and film wind, which is typically 2 full strokes (cover closed). All other settings you have mentioned (rear cover window and 120/220 film selector) are correct in regards to 120. I don't understand how the 67 can be "locked" in 220 mode. If the plate moves freely from 220 to 120 and the switch on the side also freely selects either, then that should be the end of the matter.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Confusion can certainly be caused by the seemingly innocuous tiny knurled button on the centre top of the winding advance may need to be realigned with 1 (not zero) after completing film load and wind-on to what should be 1. It is incorrect to have the counter point to 0 after completion of load and film wind, which is typically 2 full strokes (cover closed). All other settings you have mentioned (rear cover window and 120/220 film selector) are correct in regards to 120. I don't understand how the 67 can be "locked" in 220 mode. If the plate moves freely from 220 to 120 and the switch on the side also freely selects either, then that should be the end of the matter.
    Unfortunately the camera only seems to work in 220 mode. It means me dry firing three times and another four at the end of the roll to shoot 120. Looks like I'll probably be able to get 10 or at least 9 full frames exposed with the camera like this.

I unscrewed the 120/220 switch and turned the screw 'manually' to no avail. It looks like my only option is to send the camera off for repair at this point, unless there is anything else I can do myself?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the camera is focusing precisely in this deranged modewith 120 film loaded, then it is probably good to continue, though far from ideal as you have seen. I would recommend packing it off for service. These cameras are now quite old and service sooner or later is to be expected. It might be that the 120/220 switch on the side of the camera is now engaging with the wind-on lever to set the corresponding start.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin