Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,576   Online: 919

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Pentax 67 - 'mirror up' clarification

I'm considering a Pentax 67 and have come across 'mirror up' in second hand sales. I read somewhere that the first production models (that don't have mirror lock-up) could be modified to keep the mirror in place.
    Does this mean the viewfinder is unusable!? Or is there some kind of lever or button fitted on these modified versions to move the mirror at will? It's a little confusing and I'm not sure if this term is used by sellers regardless of it being a late or early modified model.

The camera I'm looking at is a 67 rather than a '6x7'. Which, if I'm right, means the camera had this functionality straight out of the factory - yet the seller has listed as 'mirror up'.
    Last edited by batwister; 07-18-2012 at 09:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    the 67 has the mirror up function which allows you to prevent the shock of the mirror when for example shooting macro shots.

Shooter
    35mm
    "Mirror up" most likely means it has the mirror lock-up feature but you should ask the seller to be sure.

When the mirror is up the viewfinder is blacked out.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The lock up button is on the left side by the lens as you look at the front of the camera. When you look through the view finder while holding the camera in your left palm you will find your left middle finger falls right on the lock up button. When you lock it up the view is gone from the finder. Even so I use the mirror lock up even when hand holding the camera. I frame the picture then hold still and lock up the mirror then take the picture.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There appears to be a few buttons in that area. If you could perhaps direct me with a picture as to what I'm looking for?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    here it is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lock-up-button.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right, that's the button (really a slider -- push it up). The mirror will swing up and block the viewfinder until you trip the shutter. It's not like 35mm SLRs like the SRT 101 or Nikkormat, which have a lever that keeps the mirror up independently of the status of the shutter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    here it is
    Cheers. I'll be getting the 67 then!

It looks like the earlier '6x7' didn't have the lock-up and coupled with the mirror vibration hysteria, I think I'll avoid looking into that model.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a 6x7 with the mirror lockup and used it all the time for landscape work on a tripod. The really critical shutter speeds for mirror lockup where 1/8-1/125.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    +1 on 6x7, the first 6x7 model didn't have MLU, and then the later models did have MLU.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin