Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,891   Online: 981

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Camera sold with lens test chart

I've just acquired a an Ensign Speed Reflex camera and noticed that Houghton Butcher sold them with with a lens test chart, I don't remember seeing anything like this before. Unfortunately the chart for this camera and Aldis-Butcher f3.4 4" Anastigmat has long gone.

From the Houghton Butcher advert for the camera 1929:

THE LENS EQUIPMENT.
    The standard equipments are the Aldis-Butcher f/4.5 and f/3.4 anastigmats. They are personally guaranteed by Mr. H. C. Aldis, and each is accompanied by a photographic test chart showing the absolute perfect covering power and definition obtained. These lenses, which are made specially for this camera, are a very real optical achievement.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On a similar note, my Jupiter 8 50mm f2 came to me with its original resolution documentation card. The card is filled in with the lines/mm from the QC inspection.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Angenieux zoom lens 35-70 in the Eighties was sold with the individual MTF test results for that copy of the lens on the bench.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    The Angenieux zoom lens 35-70 in the Eighties was sold with the individual MTF test results for that copy of the lens on the bench.
    I've also read about this. The packaging and presentation box looked top notch. They still popup and go for a pretty penny these days as well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin