Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,355   Online: 931

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentax 67 screen to use in Rolleiflex 2.8F

Hi guys.

I found information on the Internet that one could buy a Mamiya rb/rz focussing screen, cut it to the right size and use it as a replacement for the dim original Rolleiflex screen. I was wondering wether you guys think this could also be possible with a Pentax 67 screen, since they are easier to get (especically one with a microprism, which I'm after)

Thanks!

e: I know maxwellscreens are the way to go, but
    -I can't afford one right now
    -Shipping/Tax to Germany will be a pain in the neck and take forever

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't say for sure about Pentax 67 screen, but Mamiya screens work. You should check the thickness and appearance first.

However, my (cost-effective) suggestion is to try one of the Chinese/Hong Kong sellers on ebay for fresnel screens. I recently got a Rolleicord with apallingly dim original screen, and got this as a replacement: item #360435797684
    Had to trim it a bit: it's plastic, so a belt sander (or even plain coarse sanding paper) works well.
    I'm more than happy - by my estimate, the screen feels 2 f-stops brighter. Screen has fresnel, split screen and microprism "ring" around the split circle....
    Not quite the original (I have one for my Rolleiflex T, in which fresnel grooves are a bit smaller/finer), but then again, neither is the price
    If you are looking for something economical (not to say "cheap" ), I can heartily recommend this one. I paid all of $21 for it - including shipping to Europe.
    I guess it's similar to what Rick Oleson sells...

I can provide a photo if you want...
    Rgds,
    Denis
    Last edited by Denis P.; 07-21-2012 at 11:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have a spare of both the Pentax 67 screen and an F model Rollei screen. I just compared them and the Pentax screen is quite a bit smaller in width. I don't think it would work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used a Mamiya RB67 screen on my rolleiflex 2.8F and it worked out great, focus is still spot on. I just had to cut it according to the screen size.

heres the link to the photos

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/1...100-400-a.html

do a sreach online for a tutorial. I tried looking for it but i think the computers here overseas have it blocked. a downside of my deployment! no flickr here on site lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    I have a spare of both the Pentax 67 screen and an F model Rollei screen. I just compared them and the Pentax screen is quite a bit smaller in width. I don't think it would work.
    Could you do me a favor and give me the measures of the pentax matte screen?!

I just looked at the mounting of the screen and it seems to me that a little bit of shortage could be compromised.

thanks!

And thanks for all of your replies! I think that I'll probably buy a chinese screen, if this solution won't work out.
    I searched for Mamiya screens but they mostly sell the standard screen which I think is not very useful because it lacks real focussing aids, it's just matte with a circle in the middle.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My P67 screen measures 59mm x 75mm (2 11/32x 2 29/32)
    The Rollei screen is 63mm X 68mm
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks!
    I think I'll give it a try.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you haven't yet bought a Pentax screen you might try with a piece of paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On a german forum I read good things about these screens, maybe a good option for you: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-216.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin