Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,403   Online: 842

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, Yashikor is the better lens on the Yashica A. On the more expensive Yashicas you can find the four element Yashinon which is even better.

Yashica A was available in both black and grey. My grandfather's was black. I still have it, but most of the leather is gone. He let me play with it as a child. I bought another one as a present to my dad a couple of years ago and it's also black and has the Yashikor. I was pleasantly surprised at the image quality, so I also gave him a filter, sunshade, cable release and one of my lightmeters.

If you need filters and sunshade, find them used in 32 mm push-on mount. Any brand will do.

Welcome to the fine hobby of real photography! I'm 41 and learned to develop and print in the mid 1980's, and started to collect and use old cameras in the early 1990's after buying my first Rolleiflex. I still have alot to learn, and I love discussing photography on forums.

Yesterday I developed a roll of Efke 100 in 127-format. I had used a Baby Rolleiflex 4x4 from 1938. Fine sharp negatives, and today I will mix the paper developer from raw chemicals, using an old Agfa recipe.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    35mm
    I just ordered a sun shade from ebay and was looking for a cable release but can't find one that would fit
    I am absolutely loving being in the darkroom, i would be happy to let someone else take the pictures and
    leave me to develop them lol
    Up to now i have only used the Fuji Acros in 120, but it seems to be ok,
    i am always on the lookout for different film to try.
    but most seem to be out of date by decades lol and i don't know if they are worth using as i don't have
    any experience doing that yet ?
    Last edited by mryoda; 07-24-2012 at 08:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    When your dead, None of this Matters.
    Film- Nikon F65, Sigma 28-80mm Macro Lens, Canon EOS 50E with Canon 28 - 80mm Lens
    Yashica-A (my new fav)

Shooter
    Large Format
    You live in the land of Ilford...I like fp4+, and panf. Efke, and foma plus Kodak have great films too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mryoda View Post
    I just ordered a sun shade from ebay and was looking for a cable release but can't find one that would fit
    I am absolutely loving being in the darkroom, i would be happy to let someone else take the pictures and
    leave me to develop them lol
    Up to now i have only used the Fuji Acros in 120, but it seems to be ok,
    i am always on the lookout for different film to try.
    but most seem to be out of date by decades lol and i don't know if they are worth using as i don't have
    any experience doing that yet ?

Shooter
    35mm
    It took some time to get prints somewhere near acceptable, so
    its hard to change when you have it working, but i do always look at different films
    and i think i am going to try a change, maybe some FP4+
    When your dead, None of this Matters.
    Film- Nikon F65, Sigma 28-80mm Macro Lens, Canon EOS 50E with Canon 28 - 80mm Lens
    Yashica-A (my new fav)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin