Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,578   Online: 865

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i used walmart and sam's club to process my 110, 120 + 35mm film and 8mm movie film for the better part of 10 years.
    i never used their in house services but their send out service, which for the better part of 10years was fuji labs ... ( hundreds of rolls )

why would anyone use walmart/sam's club/fuji labs to process their film, why wouldn't they ??

for starters they only charged 2.99 for double 35exp prints
    and about 5-6$ for 36exp slides. 120 film cost less than 2$.
    local labs charged 3x that , and a pro lab ... close to 5x that a hour's drive worth of gas.

the "antithesis of photography" ?? FUJILABS ???

they were affordable, and did great work.
    i don't shoot much color anymore i don't see the point ...
    if i get the urge do 35mm or 110 c41 i take it to the lady down the street to keep her doing film
    she is the last one, and does amazing work ...

otherwise i process it in my strong brew - sumatranol130, convert it to black and white, and sKn it like any lab would do...
    anything bigger than 35mm can't be processed anywhere where i live and i am not about to mail it somewhere else
    seeing the price of the film, processing and postage both ways would be more than 20-35$$

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used Walmart's send out processing for a good number of years and never had a problem, both for color and also B&W when I've been too lazy to develop it myself. The Walmart I use in Massachusetts sends film to Fuji Labs in New York. Whether this has changed recently I don't know. Walmart likely farms out film processing to whoever bids the lowest and may be different in various parts of the country. I would not trust what a Walmart photo clerk tells you so far as negatives not being returned. About half of them probably don't even know what a negative is. I even called Walmart headquarters a few years back to try and get information on processing and services and they were pretty useless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last night I developed a roll of Plus-X 120 in D-76 1+1, and this morning I have negatives. I also didn't have to make a trip to hell and spend money on gasoline or waste my valuable time.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ric,

Post the name of the store manager and the store address so those who choose can send letters. The letter writers could demanded that negatives which are personal property be returned properly and in good condition. Several thousand letter would get the attention of the store manager and be embarrassing to the store into doing the right thing.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Ric,

Post the name of the store manager and the store address so those who choose can send letters. The letter writers could demanded that negatives which are personal property be returned properly and in good condition. Several thousand letter would get the attention of the store manager and be embarrassing to the store into doing the right thing.

Steve
    If the policy is one of Walmart and came from headquater, what would you do if you were the manager of the store? It's not so much simple as if the customer argueing about prices and stuff and the manager can usually give the customer what he/she wants. In this case I think the manager would have a harder time getting the negative for the customer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chan, this sounds like a problem with one film processing company.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That's ridiculous. The negatives are indeed your property but as was said, once one "contracts" with them to develop them if the understanding is you don't get them back then they haven't done anything wrong *legally*. Indeed, the simple answer is voting with your $$. And yes, you can develop B/W film in the time ti takes to go somewhere to drop off film and go back and pick the film up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Walmart, the best thing to happen to the downfall of America since government.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    How difficult is it for them to return your negatives? The negatives are the originals and more important than CD's and prints (copies). The people who took the decision don't know anything about photography with film apparently ("on the CD's you'll get the pictures in modern digital form! Forget the old fashioned negatives!").

It's an attack against film, so don't just complain about it here. Write to the Walmart headquarters. Emails or letters. Not returning the negatives is outrageous!
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Breathe in...

You are dealing with a mass merchandiser/marketer/service provider.

Breathe out...

They have clearly stated how they will conduct this particular part of their business. This is their right. You can either choose to accept these terms and whatever level of quality is provided...

Move on...

Or you can find a provider who will meet your needs.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin