Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,718   Online: 846

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya TLR System Summary pages moving

My UK ISP has decided to close down personal web hosting later this year. So after some 17 years my Mamiya pages will not be available from http://www.btinternet.com/~g.a.patterson. I have had the material mirrored on another server for a while, at http://www.gapatterson.org , so this is mainly a courtesy notice so anyone who uses the information can adjust their links. Fair warning - the paths to specific pages are different, and may well change further once I get a chance to re-visit the material.

The Mamiya TLRs continue to soldier on, so I will try to do the same with the collected information. Ironically, I think this may be my first originated thread 8-)

Graham Patterson
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The resource has been (and still is!) of immense value and I am glad it is still there!

The link in the mirror/closedown text on the bti site does not redirect to www.gapatterson.org (I have to click the "real" link lower down) - but maybe that is how it should be?
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Graham:

Thanks for the update.

Your site and the work that went into it is greatly appreciated.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The www.gapatterson.org is a redirecting domain name - I changed the DNS today, and it may not have propagated yet. http://www.gapatterson.com/grahamp/ also gets there at the moment. At least using a personal domain name makes any future moves simpler.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just wanted to add my own thanks for this excellent resource, and for your going to the trouble to keep it accessible. Much appreciated!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Graham, thank you so much for keeping up the best resource on the net about these fantastic TLR's.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the update Graham. I'd just like to add my words of appreciation to the others here. When I first got into Mamiya TLRs quite a number of years ago now your site was my "bible". I think I read it from beginning to end even before my first C330f had arrived in the mail. I found that I fell into absolutely none of the traps that I've read about with other new users of this system, which I put down to the comprehensive info from your site. In the years since it has continued to be a most valuable resource.

Cheers from Australia,
    Carl

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One of the most valuable camera sites on the net. Thanks so much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, everyone.

I have to do a lot of clean-up on the new location, and put up redirection pages for the rest of the lifetime of the old one. I wouldn't put it past the ISP to close off edit access but continue to serve pages for a while! No date as yet.

The reason given is the lack of interest in personal web space. Presumably the social sites like Facebook have taken on that function.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin