Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,814   Online: 978

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I've used the old Duracell 4LR44 for years at $6 each. I think they were alkaline. Didn't know they made silver oxide batteries that size. I'll give them a try.
    4LR44 is alkaline, 4SR44 is silver. You can get the former for under $1 on eBay and the latter are more like $7-10 each shipped. The silver has much better shelf-life in-camera and about 2x the capacity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ooh. Gotta get those silver oxide batteries. Those doggie shock collars made those batteries cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    re: various use of prisms and finders on RZ II vs RZ I as mentioned above - there's conflicting data on this. I am pretty sure the AEII prism will work fine on an RZ I. I think PD prism will work on RZII also. AEII prism is definitely the best of the prisms, in any case.

It's a bit of a non-issue for this case, as you have an RZII, and the II-series stuff like prisms and winders are the most common anyway. And it's all cheap.

(I have both an RZI and II, and a PD prism and AEII prism, so I could test all those combos but I don't really have time for that right now.)

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Reznitsky Compatibility chart is what I tend to refer to: http://www.reznitsky.info/Mamiya/Comchart.htm
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think PD prism will work on RZII also.
    Nope.
    The prism can be mounted...obviously, but the meter will not activate nor register/indicate any values.

"The RZ PD Prism Finder will not function on the RZ II."
    "It cannot be retrofitted."

Page 40, RZ II, Operators/Owners Manual
    So...the RZ/PD prism finder, mounted on the RZ II, just becomes a
    2.4 pound(?), horizontally oriented, very heavy, non-metering view finder.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc B.; 08-22-2012 at 06:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I ran a roll of Delta400 through the RZ a couple days ago and I'm in love. I processed the film and looked at the negs on the light table and, yeah I'm in love. I can't wait to print this stuff!
    Overall working with the RZ is a joy. I'm not totally comfortable with it yet but it sure is a nice camera to use. I was surprised at how quiet it is, my Bronica makes a hearty KERPLANK when the button is pressed, the RZ makes a nice pleasant kafump.
    I'll post pics soon. Thanks again for all the great advice APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And from the first roll....

Tidelands by robb albrecht, on Flickr

If I remember correctly this was with the 110mm lens. Film is Kodak TriX400, developed in R09 @ 1+50 for 18mins, then scanned with my Epson v500. I'm quite happy with the results.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Can't complain about that

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, polyglot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have RZ Pro II, and......

I love it because it gave me amazing sharp negs/slides, high quality results.

I hate it because it is so heavy like a tank or similar, and the battery is exhausting anytime i can't expect, i really like my mechanical cameras for that purpose, but this RZ is strong enough to keep me using it even with those issues, it was my first ever MF film camera i used, i feel confident using RZ always, if something wrong then it will be not the RZ.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin