Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,558   Online: 1099

Shooter
    Medium Format

the objectiv for street photography

I have two Hasselblad with a 80mm single lens. I would like to know what to buy the objectiv street photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Really up to how you want to shoot. Some like wide, close but flying in all directions. Some like more distance. I've had a good time with a 40mm lens on 35m film; a 60mm is similar in 6x6, while a 50mm I tried on a Hassy was a touch too wide for my style.

Key phrase: my style. I've seen 40mm on a Hassy used well by others.

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to have a Fuji GS645s rangefinder, the one with the 60mm f/4 lens, and I found it perfect for street photography.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks to daniel dan and rthomas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I go to street shooting with a Hasselblad I use a 50 mm. I really love it. The only concern to me is that it's like slow, max aperture is f 4.5
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's no right or wrong really, whatever fits your style. I use an 80mm myself, but I've seen great street work done with ultra wides, Shinya Arimoto comes to mind (http://www.flickr.com/photos/55411539@N04/). The only thing I'd avoid is tele lenses, to make good documentary style photos you need to get in close and interact with people, not snipe from afar like a paparazzo. Also, big lenses undoubtedly attracts attention and makes people uncomfortable. Not really an option with a Hassy though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A really cool way of unobtrusive street shooting can be done with the SWC I suppose! If there wasn´t the price, I´d have bought one long ago... Otherwise I would recommend 60/3,5 or to stick with the 80mm you already have.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I thank everyone for the advice you gave me. I think a good lens with a focal length 60 mm, is for my style, the perfect object, I also want to follow the advice to add to my kit two film back flap

jonny

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin