Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,863   Online: 1106

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I think my camera is a about 50 years old.
    It's probably older than that.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Great system

The Novar on my 521/16 has a nice feature to assist the shooter. There is a little dot on the distance ring, just beyond 8 meters; another on the aperture, just short of f11. I shot a roll on the street using this setting and the whole thing came out real nice.
    That is how I know what the hyperfocal distance is!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Novar was the cheaper option not as good as the Tessar wider open but as has been said abopve is usuallya good performer stopped down, but then that's true of any triplet lens.

The Novar on my Ikonta is unuseable due to poor contrast and low resolution, the 1930's versions tend to go soft with age due to the type of glass used, I have two spares new ones , the first is again 1930's in a great Compur shutter but the lens looks hazy the other's a coated post WWII lens which should make the camera useable at last

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With a 105mm lens, it should be a 6x9 camera, which is a particularly fun format because you can contact print it. The resulting prints look small to a modern viewer, but they were the normal print size for a generation or two, before 35mm took over the world; you can still find little cheap frames in this size at craft stores and so on.

Also, the larger format can really show off the "inferior" properties of the triplet lens---you're likely to see a lot of vignetting and interesting softness in the corners, especially at wider apertures. I think that's part of what creates the "vintage" impression; it can also be quite effective at drawing attention to a central subject.

There should be a model number---for 6x9, I think it's always 520, 521, or 523---embossed in the leatherette at one end of the body. That'll get you an approximate date range, if you care.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have fun with your camera! I just cleaned my super ikonta iv. One of the trickier ones to put back together.

Sharp lens, smooth controls, good rf contrast. These folders are so compact for carrying. And they do draw inquisitive looks from people.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would love to try one of Fuji's new 120 folders!!! Does anyone here have one?
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin