Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,685   Online: 888

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya RB67 PD Magnifying Hood - instructions needed

I've been looking for a chimney finder or something similar for my Mamiya RB67 ProS and was fortunate to find a used Mamiya RB67 PD Magnifying Hood at a very good price at Kenmore Cameras.

This is the version with a silicon cell (not a CDS one) - it takes a PX28 battery and is referred to on the attached accessory chart.

Does anyone here have a manual scanned? Mike Butkus' site only seems to have one for the older CDS version.

Alternatively, can someone walk me through what the significance is of/how to work with the coloured LEDs in the finder (I know that Green means correct exposure).

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions about how best to use it, they would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MattKing; 08-02-2012 at 01:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a manual for the PD Prism, and I'm thinking the 2 devices might work in a similar fashion. Here's the meaning of the colors on the Prism finder:

Red means that the exposure is off by more than 1 stop.
    Orange is between 1/4 and 1 stop off
    Green is exposure within 1/4 stop.

Hope this helps, but if it doesn't, I'd suggest you contact Mamiya America--surely they can get you a copy of the manual still.

Charlie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    voceumana:

I seem to have missed your post initially.

Thanks for this.

I may try Mamiya Leaf (formerly Mamiya America) but I'm not sure how responsive they are to us in Canada.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin