Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,386   Online: 1137

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great work, congratulations!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats on the purchase and project, the results look great. I have traveled abroad with my P67II kit, and I have been to India as well, I think If I go again I will use it ans an excuse to pick up a late model Pentax 645 (same logic as the others in the thread). Glad to hear of a new Pentaxian among us.
    http://www.mjohnsonphotography.net
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjohnsonphoto/

DSLR: Canon 5DmkII & Canon 20D
    35mm: Pentax LX & K1000SE
    MF: Pentax 67II & 645n
    LF: Shen Hao 45 HZX II

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your portraits from India are wonderful! Great job!
    The focus lever that attaches to the lens like a ring makes focusing quite a bit easier when using the broom-stick handle. Especially if most of your photos are being taken at a similar working distance.
    I would also second johnsey's suggestion of looking at the P645 if the 67 begins to feel heavy. If you do, I recommend the 645N. It is a lot cheaper than the Nii but includes almost all the same improvements over the 645 Original.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

MF for close-up portraits

Really great stuff, love the white beard on dark skin of the white bearded men and agree that first woman one is great too.

Good stuff.

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow, incredible shots.. love all of them...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Your portraits are wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing them.
    I also really enjoyed the samples others posted; makes me wish I wasn't terrified of people

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Loved using the Pentax so much that I just bought another one, hopefully a bit more reliable. The macro 135mm was also great, but something like the 55-100 zoom might be more practical.
    Molli, no need to be scared of people, Indians love being photographed, even the scary looking ones, especially if you offer them some money.

Cheers, Wojtek

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fastw View Post

Molli, no need to be scared of people, Indians love being photographed, even the scary looking ones, especially if you offer them some money.

Cheers, Wojtek
    Ah, but to do that would entail me having to approach OTHER people to borrow the money to offer the people I was wanting to approach in the first place! :-)

Not a problem, however, when I can peer vicariously through the eyes of the experts here. I'm glad to read you enjoyed using the Pentax so much. The results certainly support your feelings for it.
    Thanks again for sharing those portraits.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin