Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,527   Online: 811

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I don't know of any professional (well-known) portrait photographer using a Mamiya 7.
    Mary Ellen Mark uses one currently. At least I saw a video of her in recent months doing a shoot of circus people with a Mamiya 7. FYI.

Jonathan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sorry, I'd still take the M7II over a P67 anyday of the week. Better lenses, weighs about 1/2 if not less, super easy to operate. I guess I also am a sucker for RFs anyhow.
    K.S. Klain

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by olwick View Post
    Hi,

I realize that the Mamiya 7 is primarily a landscape camera, but how does it do with portaits in a pinch? I know the lenses are slower than most, but does anyone have examples of portraits shot wide open with it? Mainly the 80mm lens, but open to others too.

Thanks,

Mark
    I don't believe your contention is correct. The M7's were designed primarily as commercial/portrait/wedding cameras, although many, including me, use them liberally for landscape and other subjects. The camera can't give you a tight headshot, but has been used effectively to create stunning documentary portraiture. I believe David Kennerly used them in the Ford Whitehouse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin