Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,467   Posts: 1,644,075   Online: 808

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Outstanding image! Really beautiful. I have 5 rolls in the lab now that will be ready in a few days. Hopefully I get one nice shot like you did.

Well done.

Shooter
    35mm
    hey guys, sorry for the grave dig, but how did your knob feel before the service? i just bought the camera and i feel it's a bit dirty, i'm used to canon knobs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matan View Post
    hey guys, sorry for the grave dig, but how did your knob feel before the service? i just bought the camera and i feel it's a bit dirty, i'm used to canon knobs.
    The knob felt just fine, but the electrical contacts were shot, causing the actions of the knob to be all over the place. A 15 minute clean out returned it to brand new status.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On photonet.com there was a description to fix the very common problem with the dial knob :

remove two screws from right side (looking at the camera as a photographer would, from behind), just by the door latch. Opened door, loosened four black screws holding front cover. Poped-up flash and removed a black screw under it, loosened plastic piece and removed it, that gave access to flash wiring, lifted wiring making it loose, but no need to unsolder or cut wiring at all, wiring remained intact, but not tucked in. Removed 4 screws holding top cover in place. Lifted black clip with X written on it from flash hot shoe, and slid it back and out. Removed only 2 screws closer to back of camera. Minding the slack on flash wiring, lifted top cover slowly, clearing locks at front of camera very carefully, no need to remove top completely, just enough to see the transparent wheel underneath up/down dial.
    After all this, all I did was slide a dentist tool (flat long edge) under the wheel, turn the wheel a bit every time, until a nice piece of beach sand came out … (by Gui Maranhao)

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/0086Us
    “…all photographs are self-portraits.” – Minor White

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin