Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,384   Online: 758

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here are some reviews of the cameras in question:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/camerare...um-format.html
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Anyone recommend a Pentax 67 CLA guy in the UK?
    Speed Graphic, Fuji GX680,Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 645 1000s, Nikon F5, Nikon Fm2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 10speeduk View Post
    Is there anything wrong with your newly acquired P67? I personally don't like to fix anything that is not broken, especially for delicate machines like cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjade2007 View Post
    Is there anything wrong with your newly acquired P67? I personally don't like to fix anything that is not broken, especially for delicate machines like cameras.
    Don't know yet as it should arrive today hopefully. I like to have a good contact on standby though.
    Speed Graphic, Fuji GX680,Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 645 1000s, Nikon F5, Nikon Fm2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ran my first film through yesterday. Kodak portra 160. The camera is a delight to use so far. I shot everything tripod mounted with mirror up. Focus is nice on my 90mm with a long range of adjustment to ensure a perfect focus. I spot metered with my digisix rather than using the average meter built in. The weight and size are so far not an issue. The tripod did fall over at one point and hit the grass. The grass came off worst 67 left a dent in it! I have a Slik Pro 700DX on the way to keep this beast upright in future. The real test will be the pics, which were sent to the lab this morning. If they are on the money, then I will be selling my Mamiya 645 Pro TL.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Pentax Europe in Hamburg (Germany) was the only and last place capable of reparing my broken 67II. This has to do with electronics and certain parts needed for this camera. Also very expensive. At least that was the situation a few years ago.

Finding a person with expertise to repair a mechanical 67 or 6x7 will be easier. I don't know the situation in the UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ran my first film through yesterday. Kodak portra 160. The camera is a delight to use so far. I shot everything tripod mounted with mirror up. Focus is nice on my 90mm with a long range of adjustment to ensure a perfect focus. I spot metered with my digisix rather than using the average meter built in. The weight and size are so far not an issue. The tripod did fall over at one point and hit the grass. The grass came off worst 67 left a dent in it! I have a Slik Pro 700DX on the way to keep this beast upright in future. The real test will be the pics, which were sent to the lab this morning. If they are on the money, then I will be selling my Mamiya 645 Pro TL.

Very wise thing to do shooting with mirror up on tripod, and the squat 90mm is a bit breezier to grip than the larger SMC Pentax lenses. Examine the negs/trannies under 8x to 10x loupé to ensure they are as sharp as they appear, especially with tripod use. And do try to keep the tripod upright and not forever aiming for the ground...
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 08-13-2012 at 06:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I went from a Mamiya C-330 to a Hasselblad, does that count?

Siriusly, does the camera fit your hands well? Is it comfortable for you to use? Buy what pleases you.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, thanks for all the comments . My Pro700 slik arrived today. It is a monster compared to my old tripod, beautifully made and all movements appear dampened. The 67 will have to be bloody-minded and suicidal to leap off it! I am expecting my negs to be back from the lab over the nxt couple of days....exciting... I am also planning a model shoot this weekend. It will be around lots of modern sky scrapers. Shame I don't have a wide angle lens for it yet. £250 on ebay is a little rich for me right now. Worst case I can tweak a bit in photoshop to emulate the wide angle (sorry guys!).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    First roll back today. Here is the best shot from the roll:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	for-mm.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	764.9 KB 
ID:	55605

Neg scanned it a bit blue (maybe the lens) so had to add some yellow to balance it. I am very pleased and will be selling my Mamiya 645 pro tl. Maybe a 45mm in future!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin