Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,661   Online: 956

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kiev 88 light leaks/stains or problems with the shutter?

Hi guys,

does anybody know where this problem comes form? I have Kiev88, cant say from which year but as you can see from the images posted here, there is a lot of noise, lets call it that way:

- It seems the dark metal slide have some reflections. i generally put it back after every shot, but in a roll it is visible only on half of pictures, not all of them
    - there are some stains too as you can see in picture 14 on the right side of the frame and dust

can you give me some advices what to do? What does it man to have a shutter problem in this case if the problem is not in the light seals in the magazine, which is hopefully the problem...

Thanks
    Enrico
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Senza titolo-5.jpg   Senza titolo-6.jpg   Senza titolo-7.jpg   Senza titolo-13.jpg   Senza titolo-14.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello Enrico ,

Kiev and Hasselblads have this problem. Its reason , the gap of metal slide , if its aged , it starts to burn the film.
    After loading the camera at dim light , use a tight black plastic flexible bant to stop the light leak from that zone with covering the whole 4 sides of the camera.

I wish I could explain , if I couldnt explain , drop a message and let me try to put it in different english.

I wish there is nothing wrong with shutter but photographs reminded me above.
    Dont use metal slide every occasion but stop the light from the leak.

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin