Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,999   Online: 1104

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can someone give me a quick rundown of the differences between the C220 and the C330? I appreciate it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a C220 and understand that the C330 self-cocks with the film advance, and that there is a moving indicator under the focusing screen to indicate parallax. Furthermore, the C330 has the option of interchangeable focusing screens.

Other than that, the lenses are all interchangeable and they accomplish the same thing.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C220 : fixed screen with a couple of parallax/exposure correction marks. Knob wind with fold out crank. Manual shutter cocking on all lenses. Single frame-mount shutter release, with cable release. Focus scale and parallax/exposure correction by plates on the left side of the bellows. Some variations without a cold flash shoe.

C330: interchangable screens with scale for parallax/exposure correction. Moving parallax/exposure indicator in the finder (remember to 'program' the focal length). Auto shutter cocking on most lenses. Crank advance and shutter cocking. Frame shutter release and 'chin' release. The 'chin' release has the cable release socket. Focus scale uses a revolving rod. Has a cold flash shoe.

If you really need details, http://www.btinternet.com/~g.a.patte...faq/m_faq.html and the photopages at http://www.btinternet.com/~g.a.patterson/

There are some cosmetic differences and the internal mechanisms have differences too.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Images
    220s have been selling crazy cheap on Ebay. It's like you buy an 80mm lens and the camera is thrown in free.

330s are more expensive but still a bargain. Great way to shoot 6x6.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info, ya'll!

When using my old Graflex, I like that I can look down into the waist level finder and shoot - no one really knows I'm taking a picture, they just think I'm fiddling with my camera. But it's a fixed lens TLR and so not much flexibility there. I'm thinking of doing street photography with one of these Mamiyas; Viable or no?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Viable - YES!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

The C220 weighs the least of any of the Mamiya TLR's. That's important to me.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    What is the "best" mamiya twin lens camera?
    I'll just add that since all of these are years old, condition is more important than model!

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to add to Graham's post, there are some C220s with a cold shoe; mine has one.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    Just to add to Graham's post, there are some C220s with a cold shoe; mine has one.

Kent
    Okay, I've heard of a hot shoe but a cold shoe? What's that?

Which reminds of another question: I will mostly use the TLR in natural light situations but what about studio strobe? Is there a pc link on those bad boys?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin