Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,724   Online: 1214

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Okay, I've heard of a hot shoe but a cold shoe? What's that?

Which reminds of another question: I will mostly use the TLR in natural light situations but what about studio strobe? Is there a pc link on those bad boys?
    I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, but a "cold shoe" is basically an accessory shoe, to which a flash unit could be attached to the camera. And yes, the lenses have a pc socket. I use my C220 with strobes and monolights all the time.

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to know - thanks, Joe!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since the lenses are all leaf shutters, you have X-sync from B to 1/500, which gives you a lot of control. Having to remember to move the PC-cord when you change lenses (actually to re-attach it...) is the hard part.

About the only thing I use the flash shoe for on my cameras is to hold a bubble level. It is placed a little too close to the lens axis for more than fill-in - but aren't all camera shoes?
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Images
    I believe that a Cold Shoe is a flash/accessory shoe that lacks the built in electrical contacts to trigger an appropriate flash unit. You just have to use PC cord.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin