Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,210   Posts: 1,531,977   Online: 1159

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

mamiya twin lens

What is the "best" mamiya twin lens camera?

Personally I like the C330F, not the later C330S. The F has slightly less plastic in it; Either are great cameras. I just feel that the F is a little more rugged. Mind you this is all subjective. I have nothing to back it up.

Lots of Mamiya gear around and the prices are great on used gear.

My favorite lens is the 80 S black lens and the 55 mm.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The one you've got is the best I think.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The last versions of the C330 are 'best' - the C330f and C330s have more features, but a C220f will take the same picture as they all use the same lenses anyway. The later 'black' lenses are the ones to go for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I disagree with everyone. The first version of the C330 is best. It was basic, built like a hockey puck and still had enough features to do virtually everything. The lenses were all good. The chrome lenses are available so cheap and perform so well, you may as well buy them and use them til they break (which may be decades). Actually, all the Mamiya C220's and C330's are excellent choices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The C330f is the one I'd plump for anytime. AFAIK, it will accept a greater range of accessories than the later 'S' model (such as single exposure backs etc.). Build quality is good. As for lenses, I think the 55mm is the best of the bunch. Not so sure about the 250mm f6.3 though! Regards BLIGHTY

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a 330s, which is very good. The "f" version sells for less however so may be worth looking at since the difference is minor.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm only an amateur, but for me the C220 represented the best value. It's built as heavily as the C330, but has fewer 'features'. This may sound counter-intuitive, but fewer features is better for me because it means fewer potential problems. I wanted the quality of the C330s without the gadgets; I only use it for landscapes and portraits, so I don't need the speed of the C330. The C220 was considerably less expensive too.

Just my $0.02.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    I'm only an amateur, but for me the C220 represented the best value. It's built as heavily as the C330, but has fewer 'features'. This may sound counter-intuitive, but fewer features is better for me because it means fewer potential problems. I wanted the quality of the C330s without the gadgets; I only use it for landscapes and portraits, so I don't need the speed of the C330. The C220 was considerably less expensive too.

Just my $0.02.

Kent
    I'll agree with Kent. I too own and use a C330f. I hardly need the shutter cocking features as they are not available on my 150 nor 250mm lenses anyway. The front shutter realease is nice but unnecessary. Sometimes I wish My C330 had a knob for winding but not often. One feature I miss on all the TLRs is the old fashioned red or green window for indexing film. Just me, I'm sure.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    The one you've got is the best I think.
    And there you have it...
    Now, to round out the package that you already own, shoot this camera with Efke R25 film at 12 asa and you will really see what this camera can do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin