Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,621   Online: 749

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Franka Solida 1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    with a f2.9 lens - why not a f2.8 like everyone else?
    I have a Balda with an f2.9 lens. A very strange figure. I think I would have stretched the truth a bit (i.e. lied) and marked it up as f2.8!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My guess (just that, a guess) is that they did it so as to not to compete against their 4-element lenses, such as the Xenar 2.8. Schneider for example had a Isco Westar (Isco was the "second trademark" of Schneider Kreuznach) also f/2.9. A few others made lenses with this aperture, such as Meyer with its Trioplan amongst others.

The Baltar is probably a rebadged lens of those makers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Super Baldax I have was available with a Schneider Radionar at f2.9 and also an f2.9 Rodenstock lens as well as the Baltar. I don't think it was available with an f2.8 lens.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not the Baldax, but for example it was the case of the Super Pontura, available with Trioplan, Tessar or Xenar (and maybe others, at least these are the ones I recall off-hand).

Shooter
    Multi Format

Franka Solida ll

Here's a few pics of mine. As I mentioned it is really fun to use. It is strictly 6X6. The lens is a Enna Werk Munchen Ennagon 1:3.5, f= 7.5cm, Speeds are B thru 300. Aperture is 3.5 thru 22. I use a old Vivitar flash w/ sync. And I made my own lens hood from a rubber section of rifle scope cap. These are noted for some lens flair and I have not had a problem with it since making the hood.
    One of the biggies with this camera are getting your distances correct! When I pace something off I've always been within an inch or so of measurement. Then again, I worked in the woods many years. I plan on picking up a little rangefinder in the future for old age and senior moments haha! You can mount it on the cold shoe. Often I leave distance on the lens set at infinity and just take shots from 10 ft on out. But for closeup I would measure accurately.
    2bitsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Franka 001.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	55487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Franka 004.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	55488Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Franka 005.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	55489Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Franka 010.jpg 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	55490Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Franka 013.jpg 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	55491

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now I could use some advice from someone more experienced w/ these.
    When I shoot color what setting on the top dial should I use, there is a color "T" setting or a Color "K"
    setting, along w/ your ASA/din settings? Say it's fuji Reala ISO 100? On black and white I just set the proper ASA.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    T (or CT or DAY, depending on the camera) is for color reversal film, daylight type. K (or CK or A) is for color reversal film, artificial light type (incandescent lamps with 3400º Kelvin)

Fuji Reala should have its own setting, N (or CN) for Color Negative film, daylight type.

On these cameras, that ISO dial is simply a reminder for your convenience, and it has no effect whatsoever on the final result by itself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    jnoir,
    That's what I thought. It's nice to know what they stand for.
    Thanks for the info!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Solida I with Enna Ennagon 1:3.5, f= 7.5cm and shutter speeds B thru 300. It doesn't have the film speed/type indicator on the film advance knob but otherwise is the same as 2bit's. I really like this camera and lens and would like to have the time to use it more. I think this is a somewhat under rated piece of kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bits View Post
    One of the biggies with this camera are getting your distances correct! When I pace something off I've always been within an inch or so of measurement. Then again, I worked in the woods many years.
    2bits
    If you can keep the aperture to f5.6 or smaller, distance is not that critical. When using viewfinder cameras (for cityscapes, usually), I keep the infinity mark on f5.6 on the depth of field scale and leave it there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin