Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,586   Online: 1042

Thread: 6X9 processing

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

6X9 processing

NT=Times New Roman]undefined[/FONT]

Does anyone know of a processing lab for 6X9 prints from 120 film. Local labs here have only 6X7 masks and so do not print the whole negative. Thanks

Images
    calypso inc. should be able to do the job.

www.calypsoinc.com
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Where is "here"? I think any pro lab should be able to handle 6x9 full frame. In L.A. you could use A&I. In New York I like Modernage, but there's also Duggal, Baboo, MVLabs for black and white, Taranto, ColorEdge, and several other good choices.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks for the guidance

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks, I live in Baton Rouge, LA. and the labs here don't have masks larger than 6X7

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    calypso inc. should be able to do the job.

www.calypsoinc.com

I know that Calypso will not do 6x9 prints from chromes. They list contact prints on their website, but I don't see any information for proofs. Also, if you are out of the area (or can't get to Calypso during working hours), they have rather high shipping costs ($15/order).

That said, I have a number of 8x10's in my house by Calypso. I really like their work and their people.

A&I has 6x9 on their price sheet, but I haven't used them for this.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

6X9

Thanks Matt, I have made contact with A&I in Los Angeles and a couple of specialty labs from Shutterbug magazine. Can get what I want now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr David Hall
    Thanks Matt, I have made contact with A&I in Los Angeles and a couple of specialty labs from Shutterbug magazine. Can get what I want now.
    Note that the price for a mailer for A&I is cheaper on B&H than direct from A&I.

Let me know how it works. I have used them for 35mm stuff. I tend to destroy Tmax 3200, so I send it to them and it has worked well. But, I haven't sent them any 6x9 work.

Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin