Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,831   Online: 1114

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bronica SQ Ai possible metered prism failure

G'day

I have a Bronical SQ Ai on which the metereted prism (an AE prism S) is indicating and exposing way off. Bright sunny day with 100 iso film was giving f2.8 at 1/30 second with 100 ISO film. That should be around f16 at 100th under those conditions.

The Ai uses a film speed setting dial on the film back with numerous connections to get the informatin on film speed back to the finder.

I checked the resistance of the setting circuit at various ISO values on the terminals at the top of the film back and they are varying with ISO setting from around 380 ohms at iso 100 to above 1.5 kohms at 6400 iso so this appears to be working.

Can anyone direct me to a technical or repair manual for this camera so I can check the operation of the entire system and pinpoint the fault, which at the moment I suspect to be the meter itself.

New batteries make no difference to the problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am interested in this as well, mine has been gathering dust for sometime because of it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    just a thought, the exposure compensation slide switch on the metered prism is not off by any chance, is it?
    here is a link to the manual for the metered prism:
    http://www.cameramanuals.org/bronica..._finder_ae.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I realize you are looking for a repair manual for the SQ-Ai.
    Would a look at the repair manual for the ETRSi be any help? Give you some ideas or leads in the right direction?
    If so try http://www.butkus.org

Good luck

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin