Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,105   Online: 896

Shooter
    Medium Format

Experience with Hasselblad 140mm-280mm Varigon zoom

I've been considering purchasing a used 140-280mm zoom to replace my 150mm and 250mm lens'. The zoom would give me much more flexibility for the work I do and I would not have to lug the two fixed tele's in my pack.

First, I have a question. Can my 500CM support the weight of the zoom if the camera body is mounted on a tripod or must the tripod mount on the lens be used?

Second, I'd really like to see some responses from people who own this lens about their experiences with it. I'm particularly interested in its sharpness with respect to my fixed mount Sonnar's.

Hal

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can't comment on using it, but I've seen one in person once, and you're probably not saving yourself any weight or volume by switching to it vs the 150 & 250. All you're saving yourself is the hassle of changing lenses. And yes, you should use the lens' tripod mounting block because of the weight of it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin