Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,032   Online: 792

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

This is getting serious

Hi All.

Having only returned to analog photography about a month ago, I've just bought a Bronica ETRS with the 645 back and two lenses, the Zenzanon 40mm and 75mm, all of which arrived this morning.

All seems to be ok, but I have noticed that it takes less than a complete rotation of the crank to cock the shutter. Is this normal for the 645 back? I presume it is but I thought it might be wise to check.

And with the 75mm lens, I've found that the plastic bellows like affair inside the lens hood makes it impossible to get the to get the lens cap off. Is there some knack to removing and fitting the lens cap with the hood still on or can I only use on or the other at any one time?

ChrisB.

Shooter
    Multi Format

It is even more serious than that

You have a problem, it will take a full turn to lower the mirror and cock the shutter.

Or it does on both my Etr, Etrs and Etrsii anyway. Are you sure the multiexposure tab is not engaged ?

It sits above your crank on the right side of the body, and IF it is active you will see a litle red dot, and the lever vill point to the front of the camera.

In normal photosituations it is to be vertical, so that you can NOT see the red dot.

At all my cameras 135's, 4.5*6's and 6*6's the hood ( I asume that it is that you talk about), will interfere with the protecting cap for the lens.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Søren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The baffles inside the 75mm's hood preclude attaching the cap with the hood on the lens. You could trim the baffles, losing some light protection, but you'd probably also need to get a center-pinch type cap to be able to attach the cap with any ease.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Because I only received the camera today, all I've been able to do is to familiarise myself with it. And because I don't yet have any film for it, I've had to use the multi exposure to do this as the manual suggests. So presumably this explains the behaviour of the winder. Otherwise the mirror drops as it should and the shutter fires.

I know that because the light comes on in the viewfinder and my ears are still ringing! My next purchase will several rolls of film and some ear defenders.

As for the lens hood, it's interesting that on the 40mm I can get the lenscap off even with the hood in place. So even though it looksunlikely, I wondered if anyone had worked out how to do it with the75mm.

Anyway,as I don't have a centre pinch cap, I'll just live with it. It's noreal problem. After all, it's not exactly your point and shoot, so abit more swapping things about isn't really going to matter.

Regards.
    ChrisB.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These cameras don't have instant return mirrors?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Nope. The later Bronicas- ETR series, SQ series, and GS-1- have mechanisms similar in action to the Hasselblad 500 series.

The older Bronicas did have instant-return mirrors.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    No and neither do Hasselblads.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipno Tizer View Post

As for the lens hood, it's interesting that on the 40mm I can get the lenscap off even with the hood in place. So even though it looksunlikely, I wondered if anyone had worked out how to do it with the75mm.
    Yes, the 40mm's cap can be removed pretty easily. The hood doesn't have those baffles that impinge on the front threads.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    No and neither do Hasselblads.
    You are of course referring the classic Hasselblads, i.e., the ones people think of when they hear the name.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another solution to the lenscap with lens hood problem is to find a cap that can go over the hood. That is, assuming the hoods are round.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin