Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,613   Online: 1066

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think this may be a problem with the revolving back. It happened to me before: the lever to open the RB gets stuck somewhere and before you know it, the whole thing is coming off.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    It wouldn't be that, because RB has a leaf shutter, not a focal plane....

Is this camera new to you? Has this ever happened before? I don't think we can rule out processing issues either.

I'm looking at my RB Pro-SD. I can't think of any reason why that would be there like that - except perhaps if the seal in front and back of the dark slide has opened up for some reason but that's a bit far fetched... May also be a door latch or hinge. It's unlikely though.
    It's reasonably new. I've shot 9 rolls i think. It hasn't happened before, it also hasn't happened on the shots taken since.
    I'll just have to see if it happens again. If not i'll have to put it down to user error.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had issues with the RB back-locks before. If the bottom one gets fumbled during use, it's not hard for the top one to come a little loose too, without being noticed. That's probably what it is. Good news is, it's a zero-cost "guess I won't do that again" fix, just like shooting the whole roll and then realizing you had it in MLU.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Could this be an "out of the camera" problem? When you took the film out of the camera, are you sure you wound the paper rebate round tightly before sealing it down?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You answered your own question; it's a light leak due to the door being opened and shut before the film was completely wound through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin