Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,792   Online: 677

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini M&Ms

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mini M&Ms

I just determined that the current plastic tubes in which mini M&Ms are being sold hold two rolls of 120. I can't guarantee this will be true of all, but the one red one I tried fit two easily. A few years ago they had shorter tubes in different colors, only some of which fit. So YMMV.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...I heard that if they contain ANY green M&Ms that your film will spoil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I buy the shorter tubes that hold one roll of 120 with just a little extra room... They work great and you get to eat Mini M&Ms. Add a little coffee and you can't loose. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Qué? You said a container holds two??
    I bought two containers, and each holds just one, with ample "padding" above it. They are the same: MINI M&Ms. And mighty tasty, too.
    But it gets better. I bought several: GREEN for new, RED for exposed; YELLOW for "something's not quite right with this roll", BLACK for "@&$&#! DUD" and BLUE for "XXXX stuff". SORTED!
    All tubes are now in soapy water to remove the label before I put my own labels on to remind the lab to return 'em. Neato!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Qué? You said a container holds two??
    I bought two containers, and each holds just one, with ample "padding" above it. They are the same: MINI M&Ms. And mighty tasty, too.
    But it gets better. I bought several: GREEN for new, RED for exposed; YELLOW for "something's not quite right with this roll", BLACK for "@&$&#! DUD" and BLUE for "XXXX stuff". SORTED!
    All tubes are now in soapy water to remove the label before I put my own labels on to remind the lab to return 'em. Neato!
    Could he have been referring to these:? http://www.amazon.com/Ms-Candies-Cho..._sim_sbs_gro_5

As compared to these:? http://www.amazon.com/Ms-Chocolate-M..._sim_sbs_gro_1

You can find anything on APUG
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    MattKing Ah so—! They come in long size too, yes? In that case, I'm going back down to the supermarket to buy a few more tubes. I got a strange look from the checkout chick. This time I'll show her the containers, minus-labels, with their new look!

I've probably got the mid-size e.g. that holds one roll with space to pack a few of the M&Ms at the top for the lovely girl who does the E6 processing (a creative way to a discount!).
    Whatever, this is a cool idea. Perhaps we should now patent it before Apple does?

Erm...I do have one last query. What am I supposed to do with this growing mountain of M&Ms??

—Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post

Erm...I do have one last query. What am I supposed to do with this growing mountain of M&Ms??
    You could send them to CGW
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe hold a chook raffle. Whoever draws the winning ticket gets a bucket of M&Ms...?
    Maybe hold some for Sean for all the good and worthy things he has done for us APUGers? Or just eat 'em? Never seen so many on the desk...
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 08-16-2012 at 12:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

—Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still Life?

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Aren't the red and yellow M&Ms in Chapter 11?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin