Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,237   Online: 1077

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fair price for Mamiya RB67 Pro S + 50mm + 90mm + 127mm + 180mm?

Hi all,

I'm a hobby photographer transfering from digital to medium format and looking into buying a Mamiya set. I found an offer for a used set consisting of a Mamiya RB67 Pro S + 50mm + 90mm + 127mm + 180mm, a 120 filmback and a Mamiya suitcase. The lenses are all Sekor C's. The seller is asking 900 Euro's, about 1100 Dollars. Would this be a fair price? Assuming everything is in good working order, mechanically and optically.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It sounds a bit high to me.

I typically check keh.com to see what the going rate is here in the USA, given the mention of Euros, you'd need to add shipping costs and whatever else the EU adds.

The other place I look for prices is EBay's completed listings.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I figured it would be a bit high. I indeed checked with keh.com, though with shipping/insurance costs and import duties it could add up to an additional 30-35% on top of the KEH prices.
    I will make a bid of 700 euro and see if the seller is willing to negotiate.

Thanks for your input. By the way, are you from dutch or belgian origin? Seems like it, judging by your last name

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That price of 700 euro seems fair. I have virtually the same kit and I have been more than content with the results. The "C" lenses perform admirably and are outstanding for close up work. You might expect to have to replace the light seals on the back though. Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
    I figured it would be a bit high. I indeed checked with keh.com, though with shipping/insurance costs and import duties it could add up to an additional 30-35% on top of the KEH prices.
    I will make a bid of 700 euro and see if the seller is willing to negotiate.

Thanks for your input. By the way, are you from dutch or belgian origin? Seems like it, judging by your last name
    I don't have a solid family history on the name, my elders have said German but beyond that there is no physical proof or a verbal history/myth about that grand fathers history.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With cameras like the RBs, that were used commercially, so much depends on their history and condition. Worth more if used sparingly; worth less if used heavily or not at all. And whether the lenses received a professional CLA recently.

Also, has the camera and lenses been used recently and, if so, can you trust what the seller says?

If you're comparing against completed auctions on ebay, you need to filter out the auctions where items are sold as is with no definitive comments on their functional condition in the listing.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I paid 500€ for RB67 ProS with 50mm and 127mm, 120 back and Polaroid back, waist finder.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As a point of reference, I paid 500,00 euro in Belgium for a ProSD kit with K/L 127mm and 180mm, three 120 backs, L-grip, PD prism finder and WLF. Not a true bargain, but nonetheless a good price.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might consider another 120 back.

Jeff

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's a great set, but the price is a bit high. Especially if you don't NEED all of those lenses.

I paid about $300 for a Pro-S, 120 back, pop-up finder, 90mm C lens, and a Sekonic light meter.

The 50mm C goes for maybe a couple hundred on it's own. The rest are usually cheaper.

And you're almost surely gonna want at least one extra back (I could use another 120 back or two myself as I only have two).

Anyways, if you can't find a better deal and have the money to spare, it's not a terrible deal. Just not the best deal out there.

Good luck and happy shooting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin