Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,112   Online: 951

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Please help! Fuji GW670iii film advance problem

My GW670iii is having film advance issues. I noticed today that the plastic film advance lever has come off the metal piece inside it so that when you advance the film sometimes the plastic piece goes further than the metal piece and basically comes off it and screws everything up. Especially because when you try and put the plastic part back on the metal part, it messes up the second film advance you need to get the film in the proper position for the next frame. Has anyone had this problem? Is there an easy fix?

I thought about trying to bend the little metal piece so that it stays inside the plastic part but am afraid of screwing everything up. I also don't want to get charged an arm and a leg if there is some easy fix for this. Last time I had it at Nippon Photo Clinic the guy mentioned that these cameras are becoming hard to repair because they can't find parts. And I love this camera. Gotta figure out how to fix it!

Any help would be great :-)

Thanks,
    Bryan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What happens if you leave the little plastic piece off?

Oye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had the same problem with my GW 690III. The plastic material blocking the metal arm in the lever so the film can be advanced, gets worn by the repeated contact with the metal, with the result that the metal arm slips out of position when the lever is turned to advance the film/cock the shutter. I took off the plastic lever (loosen the plastic ring on top of the lever, use a pair of pliers, turn anti clockwise - carefully!), drilled a small hole in the lever and screwed in a thin screw where it blocked the metal arm, filed off the surplus metal, put the plastic lever back on place, and the arrangement works perfectly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    wow that's exactly what i was looking for. thanks! I'll give it a try :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin