Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,097   Online: 889

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That very last screw you had so much trouble with is actually taken out through the focusing knob which has 2 hole in it once you take off the leatherete, remove a small center screw n the knob's plate.. unless the 2 holes line up through the knob.

No need to take the strap thing off only the outter ring nut so the side panel can come up over it.

Once the panel is lose, you'll have to sort of rotate it about a bit to clear the focusing knob n she is out. Now remove the lower panel held on by 2 screws near the bottom edge.

Once you get the outter panel off there is another shield to remove under these. The brass stand offs unscrew as well as the rest of the small screws near the bottom edge under the gooy foam seals. You also have to take off the bottom panel shield held on by 2 screws.

This tin sheild is very easily bent so take it easy getting it out. Carefully lift. The bottom one sort of lifts n then pulls off. All that gooy stuff has to be replaced.

Once inside you can watch the mechanisms n you should be able to figure out what is responsable for what as you cock it. The release is the criticle part I want you to look near the bottom right where it latches.

The repair manual makes it looks so scary, it actually not that bad once inside.. it'll all make sense once you see it.

How about e-mailing me?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok - problem solved. After some efforts into getting the plates off to reveal the mechanic parts, it turned out that the problem was behind the plate on the lever side. There is just a small metal thing in there, held tight by a spring that keeps the lever into some kind of tension. It doesn't appear to do much but the spring jumped loose and the metal part rotated into a position that was blocking the lever from moving. There was nothing wrong with the mechanics as the machine could be cocked with no problems using 2 screwdrivers in the lens mount and everything worked fine so it had to be something related to just the lever itself.

Now the piglet is alive again and hopefully I will be able to take some nice photos. I haven't seen the photos I took on the first film yet but I will be back here when I get it scanned.

I will like to thank all of you for your help and especially paul ron that knows these beasts like the back of his hand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, fellas.
    So this worked, uh? That's good news because I'm nearly positive I'm having the exact same issue. I don't exactly understand the screwdriver arrangement but I do have my lens off via the paper clip method and the lens is functioning beautifully. Now, the shutter cocking lever and mirror are what is frustrating me. The shutter cock lever is stuck in the vertical position and the mirror is locked up. Tomorrow I'd like to attempt taking of the side panel and having a look inside. Questions however; I have Pro S, will this be a much different process than with the older model? I will for certain need to replace the light seals afterwards? I'm hoping this task isn't so difficult to where I won't be able to piece it back together... Maybe I'll film the process just to make sure.
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts, fellas. Thanks a lot.
    Elias.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If the light seal that comes out is intact so you have a template for the new one you will be so sorry you did not replace it next year when it comes out in smaller pieces.

At the very least photo it and measure with venier calipers and do eng drawing scan and wait for someone to want a copy.

But you probably only going to get pieces.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fixed it!

after taking off the bottom plate to no avail, I removed the lower side plate on the cocking lever side and noticed a miniature screw jammed underneath the cocking lever mechanism. I removed it and the lever and mirror functioned seamlessly. So everything seems to be working fine, however, I am really curious as to where the hell this random loose screw came from and if it's crucial that I find its home?

elias.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliassblood View Post
    Fixed it!

after taking off the bottom plate to no avail, I removed the lower side plate on the cocking lever side and noticed a miniature screw jammed underneath the cocking lever mechanism. I removed it and the lever and mirror functioned seamlessly. So everything seems to be working fine, however, I am really curious as to where the hell this random loose screw came from and if it's crucial that I find its home?

elias.
    hahaha it;s fixed but it would be nice to know where the little bugger came from. Sometimes misc junk gets into the camera in the bag.. but a tiny screw usually has a home.

Take the side plate off? Peel the leatherete n remove the pannel.. no need to take the lever or the focusing knob off to do that.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin