Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,268   Online: 813

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mamiya RZ67

Shooter
    35mm
    yep happens in normal shooting mode also. loaded up a roll and same deal. i'll try cleaning the contacts to see if that helps and try with a different lens later today

Shooter
    35mm
    ok. cleaning the lens/body contacts didn't seem to help. i'll have to see if a different lens does the trick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had some troubles once that sounded like yours: my problem was that the thing where you screw in the cable release on the lens wasn't fully retracted in to the lens, causing the everything to work ok, but taking some time after the camera was fired until I could recock the camera. Did you check that already?

Shooter
    35mm
    hm. it seems to be sticking out very slightly. i'll have to try this out too if i can find a cable somewhere

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If the lens' cable release isn't screwed in properly (usually you can see a little of the red ring in this case) then the shutter won't fire at all until you screw that in or poke it with a release cable. Given that the shutter is actuating when the main button is pushed, that indicates that the lens' cable release is not the problem.

Shooter
    35mm
    tried this with a friend's KL180. safe to asume its the body, right?.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A K/L? That's a mechanical RB lens (with the shutter speed being selected on the lens instead of the camera), is it not? I believe you need to use a special adapter between the lens and body for that to behave properly because the RB lenses are not electronic.

I think when using an RB lens on an RZ you need to make a specific setting (maybe the red dot, maybe B; I don't recall) on the camera's shutter speed dial. Get the manual from butkus and read it, the details are in there somewhere.

Try it with a proper RZ lens before deciding that the body is broken.

Shooter
    35mm
    the KL lens (and a C) that i tested seem to work as expected regardless of any shutter setting selected on the body (the speed on the lens is the one is shot). i do believe the RZ II has a RBL setting on the shutter speed dial on the camera but no such thing on the original RZ.
    when using a KL or C lens in the orange dot mode the camera works just fine (the time selected on the lens is used regardless of the time on the camera's shutter speed dial and i get no jam when advancing). if i switch to normal mode i get the same jam as with an electronic lens.
    anyways i'll be getting a Z 180 this week and see how that works out.

cheers and thanks for taking the time to help out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin