Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,358   Online: 1123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mamiya RZ67

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya RZ67

Hello,
    My first post on this AWSOME forum.
    Now the problem. Just bought a Mamiya RZ67 as my first medium format camera and having a bit of trouble with it.
    The manual states that without film loaded, the camera should work in the M (multiple exposure mode). Now, switching to M allows me to fire off a shot, the lens opens for the right amount of time set on the shutter speed dial and closes after exposure. Right after this i can't advance/cock as the lever sticks. Now i did find that pressing the shutter button a few times more allows me to re-advance/re-cock and re-shoot (still in M mode). The lever advances OK every time when in mechanical 1/400 mode. What could be at fault? Note that i've not loaded a roll yet so this might be a retarded question but please bear with me .
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try it with/without a back, and with back at different orientations. sounds like minor jamming of film advance coupler in the back possibly?

Shooter
    35mm
    same deal without the back. body in M mode will only cock/fire once, then the lever doesn't want to move. i did just notice that after the lever jams, if i dont "play" with the shutter button for about a minute the body will start buzzing. it will stop after i press the shutter button for a bit (just as if i'd do it before the buzzing starts). when i do this i do hear a sound (probably a interlock somewhere) and everything works again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have a problem. If you are able to return the camera for a refund...do so!
    If not, your problem can be addressed during a complete CLA.
    The CLA will be an outlay of approx another $140-$165/USD.

Marc

Shooter
    35mm
    a CLA would definitely set me back more then i wanted to spend. so i'll probably contact the seller to arrange a return if nobody has a better advice..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If the camera buzzes, it means that it thinks the shutter did not fire; it won't let you advance until the shutter has fired because doing otherwise can cause a jam. Since you say the shutter did open for the correct time, the problem is either the lens contacts or in communication with the body. Try cleaning the lens and body electrical contacts and try a different lens. Otherwise, you will need to return it.

Shooter
    35mm
    yeah. the shutter speeds seem OK. will go through a roll tomorrow and see if all is good with the speeds. the camera seems to be able to actually take pictures, the process is just so slow heh.
    will give cleaning the contacts a try tomorrow. I will have a Z 180mm that should be arriving next week so could try with that.
    in the mean time i'll also give a friends' 180KL a try. I'm thinking all should be good with that lens since it has no contacts and is all mechanical, right?

Really appreciate the time everyone took to give a suggestion.. like i said this place is awsome, only hope is i'll sort out the camera soon so i'll be able to post a couple of shots heh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fresh battery?

Shooter
    35mm
    first thing that got checked. couldn't find a replacement 4LR44 so used 4 x LR44 inside the old battery's housing. voltage was measured to be good, battery indicator shoes a steady red light and shutter speeds seem to be OK which shouldn't be possible without a working battery as far as the manual says. i'll order a proper 4LR44, though, just to scratch that off the list.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's a sucky problem. I never have a use for multiple exposure, but that's just sucky.

Does the same issue occur in normal shooting mode?

I remember the first week with my RZ, I loaded the film on the right side instead of the left, not knowing I had to move the take-up spool over each time, and it being a very confusing day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin