Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,925   Online: 878

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolleifles DRP?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    You are correct that the DBP didn't start to appear until several years after the war. My Rollei is dated to 1951 by the serial number, and it has DBP instead of DRP. I'm not sure about the marks on the lens. I can just tell by looking at the lens with a light shining on it. A coated lens has a blue sheen. I believe that all lenses after WW2 will be coated. Leica lenses started to be coated somewhere around 1943. Be careful with older coated lenses as they can be scratched or rubbed off if you get aggressive with them. I "poof" mine off with a Rocket Bulb, then VERY gently wipe with a premoistened Zeiss lens cloth I bought from Walmart for $2.97 per box.

Kent in SD
    I own a Rolleiflex Automat 3.5A (K4A) supposedly dating from early 1954 which is still marked DRP, DRGM. The 'Bundesrepublik Deutschland' was founded in 1949. So I suppose it needed some time to reorganize. It may well be that the part carrying the imprint had been produced in larger quantities before the transition.
    As a side note: the other Germany, the 'Deutsche Demokratische Republik' aka East Germany, had at least one institution which never dropped the term 'Reich' in it's name until it's end in 1990. It was the 'Deutsche Reichsbahn', the railway company in East Germany.

Ulrich

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My Rolleiflex 2.8 E is dated by serial # to 1956, and it says DBP DBGM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin