Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,239   Online: 1101

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format

NESSIE!!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Last night, I was at the same place. I did two photos of same object. After inspecting negative, I see nearly same spots on the water. I think, that spots are not on water in real eveview (exposure on the film was 4 minutes, my eyes are not possible to record this long time to one frame ). I think, that spots are from bubbles or lens flare, but I used lens shade. I want to scan other pictures from this lens and I will check spots. I will post results later.

Sorry, for my not so good English.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Those spots are not from bubbles--if bubbles cause image defects that severe, then the many thousands of Zeiss, Leica, Angenieux etc lenses that were made with a few bubbles in the glass are horribly defective and no one should buy them. Bubbles used to be considered a sign of quality in glass lenses. They are also not lens flare. If you look carefully, there are two sets of street lights that would not make a reflection across the entirety of the water as most of them do because the bridge would block part of the light. Those two lights line up exactly with the spots.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you cramej,

it is possible, because I cant see this spots on water with my eyes when water is moving. I will check scans from other pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by cramej View Post
    Those spots are not from bubbles--if bubbles cause image defects that severe, then the many thousands of Zeiss, Leica, Angenieux etc lenses that were made with a few bubbles in the glass are horribly defective and no one should buy them. Bubbles used to be considered a sign of quality in glass lenses. They are also not lens flare. If you look carefully, there are two sets of street lights that would not make a reflection across the entirety of the water as most of them do because the bridge would block part of the light. Those two lights line up exactly with the spots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cramej View Post
    Sigh! As I stated in post #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I can attribute each of those spots to particular street lamps. Do not start tearing a lens apart based on one photograph, especially when a few rolls of film could thoroughly test the lens.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is very unlikely there is a relation between bubbles in the glass and the artifact of your picture as these bubblle are very far from the focal plane.

As a side note: I always heard about these bubbles being the sign of superior glass but I never been convinced. Were they inherent to the melting process, certainly but to me they are a defect more than anything else.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Everything is OK. On another images I dont see any spots. Thank you, all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These bubbles only occur in best optical glass, and are nothing to worry about.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have several Zeiss ( at least one opton and one Jena) 50mm 1.5 Sonnars and 2-3 of them have bubbles.
    Back around wartime production the air bubbles were common and many attest that they in no way affect image quality.
    I've never encountered a problem with mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by transporti686 View Post
    Hello,

I bought CZJ Sonnar 180/2.8 without MC. In front glass element of this lens I see three little bubbles. Are this bubbles problem for image quality?

I see spots in the photo with this lens. Are this spots caused by bubbles in lens? Could you see attached picture, please? Thak you very much.
    The bubbles will not cause any detectable image degradation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin