Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,394   Online: 704

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

CZJ Sonnar 180/2,8 - bubbles in glass

Hello,

I bought CZJ Sonnar 180/2.8 without MC. In front glass element of this lens I see three little bubbles. Are this bubbles problem for image quality?

I see spots in the photo with this lens. Are this spots caused by bubbles in lens? Could you see attached picture, please? Thak you very much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails defect.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Send me the defective lens.
    I will dispose of it properly !

As a public service to the APUG Community.

Enjoy The Weekend !

Ron

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Even without having seen them, I think there is no chance that these bubbles will effect image quality in any way.
    Did these spots occur in other pictures as well? (Nice shot, by the way!) To be 100% sure, you can post a picture of your front element so we can have a look on the bubbles, but as I said, I would not bother but enjoy this great lens!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Optical glass is difficult and expensive to make. Hence a few small bubbles are not considered to be a defect. Artifects on the surface of a lens or interior to it cannot be imaged by the lens so you will not see any spots.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you very much. I will try this lens, again. I have only two pictures from this lens, yet.

Second picture is here, same place, little-bit later, from same camera position on tripod, moving boat on the river, exposure time 1 minute, f16.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails defect1.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I found manual for disassembly of this lens. I cleaned glasses. I will try this lens as soon as possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by transporti686 View Post
    I found manual for disassembly of this lens. I cleaned glasses. I will try this lens as soon as possible.
    Hope you reassembled it perfectly. Personally I would have left it alone.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can attribute each of those spots to particular street lamps. Do not start tearing a lens apart based on one photograph, especially when a few rolls of film could thoroughly test the lens.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Disassembly and reassembly of this lens is not very difficult. I putted down only front glass element, which is block of glasses. After removing front block there is no problem to clean other elements and elements in front block.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lens is cleaned and assembled. I will try to shoot same place and another pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I can attribute each of those spots to particular street lamps. Do not start tearing a lens apart based on one photograph, especially when a few rolls of film could thoroughly test the lens.
    Last edited by transporti686; 08-26-2012 at 11:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin