Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,610   Online: 904

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Square format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What is the issue about focusing? Which viewfinder and screen do you have? Although it was some time ago, I contacted Hasselblad regarding my PM5 finder. I sent them my reading glasses prescription and they recommended the appropriate replacement eyepiece so I did not have to wear the glasses to focus. They have other viewfinders that have diopter adjustments such as the 52096, PME51, RM2 and as I mentioned interchangeable eyepieces from -4 to +3 diopters. Some may not be available except from used equipment sellers.

I would contact Hasselblad and speak with the tech department. Another thought is that there is a problem with your equipment that needs adjusting. I have a couple of bodies, several lenses and four different viewfinders and have no problems with focusing. You should be able to solve the problem unless you want a different system anyways.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The issue is i think with focusing screen, i have 2, Matte Acute-D, one with split and one standard, both are nightmare to focus with, i use only WLV and no PME VFs, but i can't be sure which focusing screen to buy so i thought maybe i buy another square format system, my RZ focusing screen is remarkable and sharp and clean, i can focus very easy and always have the shots spot on focus, with Hasselblad i spend 30-50 seconds to focus on one shot each, less if the shot is very far like infinite, so i tend to use RZ more for easier and faster focusing, and i said that many times before on this site that i never guarantee if the focus is on or not with Hasselblad, with RZ 99% it is dead on focus and i am using WLV with that too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have the same problem with a 500cm also. (Im using the old screen without rangefinder) Unless I have it tripod mounted and study the focus, I can't guarantee that it's in focus. When I do do that it is unbelievable results.

I also have a old rolleicord III that I can focus much faster and accurately with. The lens is not nearly as good in the bigger f-stops.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So why don´t you stay with your RZ then?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you using the magnifier? I find Hassy to be much easier to focus when using the magnifier versus not using it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Are you using the magnifier? I find Hassy to be much easier to focus when using the magnifier versus not using it.
    Ditto for the Rolleis.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I also had no problems focusing with the magnifier on my Hassy, and I had a standard Acute-Matte screen (the one without the split-image prism in the center). If you are dead-set on trying another camera, a Rolleiflex TLR would be a good option as the viewing lens is always a bright f2.8 so it is easier to use in low light. The downside of course is no interchangeable lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kowa 6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Agfa Super Isolette, Ansco Speedex Special R, all of which are very good cameras capable of awesome image quality when used within their limitations. The Super Isolette is one of the easiest to focus of any of my rangefinders.

But they are 1950s technology, are not very big or heavy, nor do they accept interchangeable lenses, so obviously they cannot be serious cameras!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As others have said, most TLR's, Mamiya 6, and the 6x6 backs for either Mamiya RB or RZ, and my favorite square format, the Holga!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin