Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,509   Online: 971

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Square format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For real ease of focussing, but not ease of anything else, I use a 6x6 back on a view camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My Hasselblad is easiest to focus camera I've ever seen or had. Get an Acu-Matte screen of any vintage (I have the split rangefinder spot which can be helpful) and a prism. The NC2 is a fine very low cost option. I think it is fair to say that none of the cameras listed above will be better than that combination except maybe the Mamiya 6....but that is a rangefinder and a completely different beast.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    For real ease of focussing, but not ease of anything else, I use a 6x6 back on a view camera.
    I just stick the 6x7 Super Rollex on my Linhof and use the rangefinder.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you like 6x6 slr you might take a long look at Rolleiflex 6008i Bit spendy but not nearly as much as a new Rollei TLR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentacon 6, Kiev 6C or 60.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is a magnifier? An why i should use it when other cameras i don't use, feeling one more tool to use.

Why i want to use Hasselblad and not stick with RZ is because RZ is too heavy and it is not mechanical, i changed the battery many times and also sometimes i take out to shoot and find out the battery charge is gone, so disappointing, i can go with RB which will solve this problem but then it is also very heavy camera, i really love the handle of my 501CM, even the sound of its shutter is way tasty ad s..y, sticking with RZ is not a solution for Hasselblad using.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    What is a magnifier? An why i should use it when other cameras i don't use, feeling one more tool to use.
    Answer to question 1: The waist-level finder has a flip-up magnifier built into it. Same with every Rollei TLR I've seen. The reason to use it is that it enables seeing the ground glass screen better and makes it easier to focus.

Answer to question2: If you'd rather buy or use a new camera then you should do that. But I, too, like both the performance and sound of the 501/CM rather than the heavier RB/RZ!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Answer to question 1: The waist-level finder has a flip-up magnifier built into it. Same with every Rollei TLR I've seen. The reason to use it is that it enables seeing the ground glass screen better and makes it easier to focus.

Answer to question2: If you'd rather buy or use a new camera then you should do that. But I, too, like both the performance and sound of the 501/CM rather than the heavier RB/RZ!
    I see, so that what you call it a magnifier, in fact this is what giving me the nightmare because i use it always, without it is a bit better but not easy too, magnifier giving me headache more than without it, i think either because the focusing screen itself is not good enough so that that magnifier is not helping me much, or the magnifier also not good one, so should i change the WLV also?

In fact maybe i didn't explain my issue clear enough or let's say i don't know how to describe my issue, but it is with focusing and viewing through that WLV, is it the focusing screen or the magnifier i don't know, wish if my digital hasselblad screen can work on my film hasselblad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Yashica MAT-124G, Rolleiflex SLX and Bronica GS-1 with 6x6 back.
    Last edited by Tony-S; 08-30-2012 at 05:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The magnifier was a challenge for me too at first. I kept pressing it down slightly with my eyeglasses. Than never happened with a Rollei TLR. Once I stopped pressing my fact to the magnifier it became much easier to use. When focusing 501 C/M I roghly frame the image, then use the magnifier to get it in focus, then flip the magnifier out to final frame the photo and expose. This is not quick, but it isn't too slow either. If I need to be quick I use a 35mm SLR or rangefinder.

I don't think you can find a better screen than the one that came OEM on the 501 C/M.

Maybe what you should be considering is using a prism onthe Hassy. I find them easier to focus with but heavy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin