Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,963   Online: 1023

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Square format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    The magnifier was a challenge for me too at first. I kept pressing it down slightly with my eyeglasses. Than never happened with a Rollei TLR. Once I stopped pressing my fact to the magnifier it became much easier to use. When focusing 501 C/M I roghly frame the image, then use the magnifier to get it in focus, then flip the magnifier out to final frame the photo and expose. This is not quick, but it isn't too slow either. If I need to be quick I use a 35mm SLR or rangefinder.

I don't think you can find a better screen than the one that came OEM on the 501 C/M.

Maybe what you should be considering is using a prism onthe Hassy. I find them easier to focus with but heavy.
    I will plan to get a prism in the future, just i don't use Hassy much nowadays to justify the expense, once i can afford and use Hasselblad more then i will not think a second and buy it.

Well, let's ay, are there many options of focusing screen rather than Acute-Matt itself? maybe going with a focusing screen or even prism is cheaper than getting another body kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a prism so I searched around and found an old 90 degree prism for around $100 USD. The old chimney finders seem to sell for peanuts. The 45 degree prisms cost more, and the ones with a meter cost a lot of money. If you search around and are patient it is possible to get a Hassy prism that works for a relatively inexpensive price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Rolleiflex TLR 2.8 that is easy to focus but it is pricey.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I have a Rolleiflex TLR 2.8 that is easy to focus but it is pricey.
    I always found the "newer" Rolleis easy to focus but even a decent Rolleicord Vb, for instance, is priceyer than a Hassy prism anymore.

"newer" means 1960's or more recent, but it depends a lot upon condition of hte mirror.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will see what i can go with, i may spend a lot of i have to, but i hope i don't reach that point.

How do you compare RB to RZ? because i use a tripod a lot i may keep going with 6x7, but because of that battery issue with RZ i may go with another mechanical body, my Mamiya 7 is not working and it will cost me fortune to send it for repair overseas, we don't have any local dealer to repair it, so i left it for the time when i can travel somewhere where i can find a Mamiya dealer nearby to fix it, i have few other film bodies but RZ and then Hasselblad are the most 2 i love to use until i can fix Mamiya 7, Holgas are like toys, even shooting with them are fun but i don't feel interested in photography when using Holga.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do the magnifiers in Hasselblad waist level finders accept diopter correction lenses like the ones in Mamiya waist level finders? If so, perhaps Tareq has one installed that is inappropriate for his eyesight.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes it is, and i will thought about it, maybe i have to change the entire screen and glasess for focusing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post
    Yes it is, and i will thought about it, maybe i have to change the entire screen and glasess for focusing.
    Don't change the screen until you are confident your magnifier and eyesight are matched.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mamiya6,slso has excellent optics!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin