Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,058   Online: 849

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bronica lens mounts

Hi All.

I was wondering if the lenses I got with my Bronica ETRS would fit other Bronica cameras. I presume they would fit the ETRSi. But would they also fit the SQ bodies?

Chris B.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Unfortunately not.

With the benefit of hindsight, Bronica should have made the SQ with both 6x4.5 and 6x6 backs and just one set of lenses and not bothered with the ETRS. Instead, they produced the 6x4.5 ETRS first followed by the SQ.

Lenses which fit the ETRS will also fit the ETRSi and the ETRC but not any of the SQ or GS series.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The rear lens caps, however, are interchangeable between the ETR and SQ lenses. Go figure...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That is crazy. If I were Bronica I would have used the same mount for both so at least the SQ lenses could be used on the ETRS... But I'm not!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JonPorter View Post
    The rear lens caps, however, are interchangeable between the ETR and SQ lenses. Go figure...
    Solving this puzzle defies even my profound incapabilities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For quite a bit of info on Bronica (plus other info)

http://www.myphotoweb.com/

This is NOT MY Site but is Copyright © E. van der Aa 2011, All rights reserved Myphotoweb.com

Has Bronica history, info on camera models, and very good section on Bronica lenses. Does NOT have Manuals although has this note:

Because NOBODY was willing to contribute

any documentation, I have taken the manuals offline
    Thank you for your tremendous support!

Still a prety good site just the same.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin