Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,492   Online: 813

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya RB67 Polaroid back - film loading

Hi everyone - this is my first time on APUG (though I have read some discussions - and thanks for help they gave!).

I have managed to get the first pack of Fuji FP-100c into the polaroid back - it sort of feels right. However, on pulling the black tab, a corner tore off as it feels very hard to pull through. Everything I've read tells me to pull it 'straight' whereas this appears to be at an angle as it has to go upwards to come out of the slot (which I believe is the right one). Do I just have weak fingers and thumbs or is there a knack to this? Help!

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it's so hard to pull that the tab tears off, then something's definitely amiss.
    One thing many photographers (including me) get wrong the first time they load these backs is that they try to pull the black tab through the rollers. It seems like the obvious thing to do, but instead you need to just let it go over the edge of the back. In other words, when you're closing the back it looks like you're trapping the tab between its halves. It looks strange, but that's how it works.

I don't know if that's the problem in your case, but I thought it's worth pointing out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for such a quick and helpful response - it seems that I was just being too cautious and not holding the tab centrally. You are absolutely right that it looks really strange and as if you are trapping the tab - I didn't feed it through the rollers but wondered if I should. However, with encouragement from a really helpful staff member at Mr Cad in Croydon (UK) over the phone, my partner pulled the tab through. Now I just need to go and take a pic and try the next stage! ( If you don't know of Mr Cad, it is an amazing used etc photographic equipment outlet. They are very helpful and ship thinks internationally. They do their best to source things for you.)

If my next stage is not successful, I may be back on here very soon!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin